Microsoft Worldwide Partners Conference
July 18, 2013
I had the opportunity to attend the Microsoft Worldwide Partners Conference in Houston, Texas July 7-11. The theme of the conference this year was 'Accelerating growth. Together'. The 5 day conference is one of the largest partner conferences in the tech industry with over 16,000 attendees from over 160 countries.
For more a full list of sessions and keynotes please visit this link: www.digitalwpc.com
The core topics the conference focused on include Cloud, Big Data, Devices and Mobility, and Enterprise Social.
The top sessions identified by Microsoft included:
- Converting strategy into revenue: a workshop to help leaders address this critical challenge - Shaun Fröhlich
- Faster, Higher, Stronger: Understanding The Drivers of Profitable Cloud Partners - Darren Bibby
- Lead the enterprise social revolution: how to drive sustainable adoption - Dux Raymond Sy Emerging Leaders
- Effective Storytelling for Maximum Reach and Influence - Jill Giacomoni & Steve Clayton
- Maximize your personal brand - Dux Raymond Sy & Ray Rasmussen
- Successfully Navigating Microsoft - Jason Krech
- Hosting & Cloud Service Providers
How hosting service providers can use effective marketing to increase their customer acquisitions and profits - Ted Eisele & Victoria Magaz
- Microsoft's cloud vision for hosting partners - Eugene Saburi, Julia White & Marco Limena
- Microsoft Dynamics for Retail SMB: partner-ready SMB retail - Melissa Stern
- The future of retail is here today with Microsoft Dynamics for Retail - Ashvin Mathew & Michael Griffiths
- College recruiting is key to your future success: Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance can help - Katie Hasbargen
Sales and Marketing
- Presenting at C-level: how to close the deal with CxOs - Dave Underhill
- The top three strategies for more profitable negotiation - Ron D'Andrea
- Growing your business faster than the competition in the new era of cloud computing - Per Werngren & Richard Dorfman
Server and Cloud
- Intelligent systems and Windows Embedded technology: devices and services offerings in the retail industry - Jeff Wettlaufer & Karen Roberts
- How to win with Big Data - Eron Kelly
- Differentiate and win with the Microsoft cloud platform - Takeshi Numoto
The new Office
- Making Money with the new Office in Enterprise Accounts - Andres Caldera, Chris Hutton & Doug McCutcheon
- Selling the new Office in SMB - Elaine Sher
- How to Beat Google with Office 365 - John Donahue & John Westworth
- Beyond the breakeven: building a successful U.S. cloud business - Kenneth Lince, Mike Chan & Paul Spencer
- Delivering solutions and driving revenue with enterprise social in the U.S. - Amanda Arch & Margaret Loosemore
- Game changers in the U.S.: go mobile - Suzanne Calabro
- Winning and growing in the U.S. SMB relationship era - Cindy Bates & David Nour
- "Here, take my money": all of the Windows campaigns for FY14 explained - Jay Paulus
- Getting off Windows XP in 30 minutes or less - Stephen Rose
- How to pitch Windows 8 to reluctant enterprises - Pieter Uittenbogaard
- How to talk to customers about Windows 8 devices - Arthur Lesne
One of the highlights for me personally was that I was able to visit with the Sitecore team. During the conference Sitecore held an evening Partner Appreciation Party in which I was able to meet the USA sales team for Sitecore. It was great to learn more about their latest Sitecore 7 release.
Globalization Partners International has extensive experience with website localization and is a Sitecore partner ( Sitecore Translation Connector). Sitecore is a great CMS to author and publish multilingual websites. You can check out a series of blogs we have written on topic at:
- Sitecore and the GPI Translation Services Connector
- Set up and Management of Multilingual Websites in Sitecore
- Sitecore - Exporting & Importing content for Localization
- Sitecore - Adopting the Right Approach to Language Translation
Further resources on translation and localization services
Globalization Partners International, a premiere translation agency, provides an array of translation services including document translation, website translation, mobile application translation, software translation and eCommerce localization. You may gain further insights into localization and related topics by reviewing the following articles:
- Localization for Microsoft .NET Web Applications
- Planning a Website Localization Project? Where do I start?
- What Should You Expect From Your Localization Partner?
Globalization Partners International helps customers enter new markets by providing comprehensive website translation services into a variety of languages. Free translation quotes can also be obtained from GPI by submitting source files through our Request a Translation Quote.
You may contact GPI at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-272-5874 with your specific questions about your target global markets and your project goals.
Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!
Peter Betts - Director, Global Accounts
Peter has over 18 years’ experience in business development within the localization industry supporting clients for documentation, software and website globalization services. He started his career in the translation industry in 1995 and over the years has worked for several leading localization service providers including LMI, Berlitz, Welocalize, GPI and Beyondsoft. Throughout his career Peter has led by example and always put his clients’ needs first to ensure client expectations are understood and successfully met. Over the years Peter has trained extensively in Solution Selling, Action Selling and Localization Sales, Testing and Project Management. Peter handles many of GPI’s global accounts helping educate clients on GPI’s comprehensive suite of globalization services and industry best practices.