Language Translation and Oracle-RightNow Client Relationship Solutions (WCS): Part I
March 09, 2012
RightNow CX, a leading provider of web customer service solutions offers a suite of products that help better engage customers through an improved web experience, social experience and contact center experience, all delivered via the cloud. With more than ten billion customer interactions delivered, RightNow is the customer experience fabric for nearly 2,000 organizations around the globe. (See www.rightnow.com)
Without a doubt, one of the most effective ways to build a relationship with customers is to speak to them in their language. If you look at the fundamental components of Web Customer Service as listed
in Gartner's Magic Quadrant Report for Web Customer Service, it is easy to see how native language interactions would greatly enhance each.
- Knowledgebase for self-service -providing translated content such as FAQ's, searchable knowledgebases, and support documentation in a multitude of languages including Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish, to name a few, will allow current and potential non-English speaking customers to embrace your products and service offerings thereby encouraging further salesand current customer satisfaction.
- Email response management-being able to receive and respond to emails in any language is a critical component of customer service. Establishing true language translation and handling capability, not raw machine translation, is a must to handle email requests. "The difference between the right word and the wrong word, is the difference between lighting bug and lighting bolt" (paraphrased from Mark Twain, Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888)
- Web chat -text chat agents with language skills is a must. Starting a dialog with a customer in their language of choice or necessity is the first step in solving any issue.
- Collaborative browsing -localized websites will make browsing possible for customers who don't speak or read English. Helping navigate through these localized (language version) sites by simultaneous browsing will assist your customers with filling out forms, filling up shopping carts and filling in payment gateway information.
- Virtual assistant - yes, just as you need help desk and web and product/service support professionals who speak the languages of your customers and potential customers, virtual assistants (humanoids, avatars, etc…) should be multilingual.
- Video Services -localized audio and video is important to reach and to guide customers in the same engaging manner as your English videos
- Mobile customer service with SMS - Sending notifications and requesting information via mobile device or smartphone in your customer's language is the only way to ensure your message is read and reacted to.
RightNow Website Translation Connector
GPI launched its new RightNow Translation Connector in December 2011 which enables users of RightNow to initiate translation workflows with a single click and gain access to an array of reports to track and manage global translation projects through GPI's Translation Portal.
The connector is a plug-in that the user can install on the client side that extends the standard RightNow client UI. It allows users to send content (Answers and Attachments, Products/Categories/Disposition, etc.) for translation, manage quotes (add/remove content from open quotes) and import back completed translations.
The translation connector features:
- Easy integration with RightNow client
- Enable seamless content translation capabilities all within the RightNow desktop application
- 24/7 communication with GPI Translation Portal
- Simplified export/import process
- Manage quotes/projects: Create new quote, send for quotation, quote ready, project status, project finished
- Add/Remove Answers/Attachments/Products-Categories, etc. from open quotes
- Quotes, proposals and a wide range of project materials available for download
- Dashboard to view status reports, schedules and project task lists
To utilize the GPI RightNow Add-In to help translate your Web Experience, you can go to GPI's Translation Services Connector Library or download the RightNow Connector Brochure.
Part II of this blog series will provide a quick start guide to the Translation Services Connector.
Translation Connectors and Plugins
GPI offers custom Translations Connector Library to a variety of web content management systems in order to streamline localization workflows and access to translation project information across your enterprise.
Further GPI Resources on Website Translation and Development
GPI, a premiere translation company, frequently assists customers with multilingual website design, development and deployment, and has developed a suite of globalization tools to help you achieve your multiple language project goals. You can explore them under the Translation tools and Portals of our website. GPI also offers language translation services and internationalization, and can evaluate your application and international marketing goals. Consider partnering with GPI prior to localizing or translating your content with effective project management tools and services.
You may also find some of the following articles and links useful:
- Website Localization and CMS
- Website Translation Services
- 10 Tips for Website Localization
- Multilingual Website Design and Development
- GPI Releases RightNow Connector for Expanded Global CRM
"On January 25, 2012, Oracle acquired RightNow. Together Oracle and RightNow can enable a superior customer experience at every contact and across every channel. To learn more - see Webcast: Oracle and RightNow, Powering Great Customer Experiences"
- Content Management Systems
- Connectors, website translation, CRM, CMS, Localization, RightNow CX
Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!
Federico Pascual - Director: Digital Delivery Services
Federico has over 12 years' experience as a globalization engineer managing a wide range of software and website globalization projects (internationalization I18n + localization L10n). His expertise spans software and website internationalization and localization processes, standards and tools as well as locale specific SEO. Federico has completed hundreds of successful globalization engagements serving as lead I18n architect involving different programming languages. He is a certified developer in several content management systems and helps clients create world-ready applications, utilizing development practices that are faster, more economical, and more localization-friendly.