Website Translation Tips and Best Practices
March 21, 2012
Our translation agency GPI has released its newly updated research report series on Website Globalization and e-Business. The reports are a collection of language, culture and website globalization facts by country. The newly updated reports for 2012 are available in PDF format and are free to download at: Website Globalization and E-Business Series
The reports were co-authored by GPI's Managing Partner Martin Spethman and Professor Nitish Singh, PhD, author of the recently published "Localization Strategies for Global E-Business" by Cambridge University Press.
The series includes:
- Website Globalization and E-Business - Argentina
- Website Globalization and E-Business - China
- Website Globalization and E-Business - Japan
- Website Globalization and E-Business - Germany
- Website Globalization and E-Business - US Hispanic Market
- Website Globalization and E-Business - Brazil
- Website Globalization and E-Business - India
- Website Globalization and E-Business - Russia
- Website Globalization and E-Business - France
- Website Globalization and E-Business - United Kingdom
- Website Globalization and E-Business - United Arab Emirates
Each research report is 15+ pages provide useful information and stats about the country and local market including:
- Market Introduction and Stats
- Culture and the Online Consumer
- Culture and Values
- Insights into Consumer Values
- Insights into Consumer Decision Making
- Consumer Segments
- Language Facts
- Website Globalization
- Cultural Correctness and Web Customization
- Internet and Search Engine Marketing
- Top Country Search Engines
- Country Specific Useful Links and Resources
If you are looking to expand into international markets and have a website localization project in the works, these reports are for you. First published in 2008 and newly updated for 2012, the reports have tips and information on e-business, website translation and web consumers in the various countries. The papers also have a nice link library with useful site and resources by country.
You may gain further insights into website translation and country specific cultural facts and related topics by reviewing some previous blogs written by GPI:
- 10 Tips for Website Localization
- Creating Culturally Customized Content for Website Translation
- 7 Insights into Japanese Website Localization
- Brazilian Website Localization
- 8 Insights into German Website Localization
- Arabic Website Localization for the UAE
You may contact GPI for translation services requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-272-5874 with your specific questions about this market and your project goals. You may also request a complimentary Translation Quote for your project as well.
Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!
Daniela Bustamante - Director: Global Production Services
Daniela has over 16 years' experience in the translation, localization and language instruction professions. She holds a degree in Sworn, Literary, Technical, and Scientific Translation from the Instituto Nacional de Enseñanza Superior Olga Cossettini in Rosario, Argentina. Starting her career as a translator for English-Spanish/Spanish-English in 1990 over the years she has worked for several Localization Agencies as a translator, assistant project manager and senior project manager. She has completed a wide range of professional certifications in document and website localization with emphasis on translation, budgeting, quality control and project management including The Localization Institute’s Triple Certification in Localization Project Management (Localization Institute Chico, CA, USA). She has managed a wide variety of document, website, software and audio-video localization projects utilizing different Translation Management Systems (TMS), Translation Memory (TM) and I18n and L10n tool suites.